Sunday 6 May 2012

Lazy Leftover Rice Pudding

So, following the curry escapade and the linguine shenanigans the week before, I found myself with a carton of heavy cream, a cup of coconut milk, and a whole bunch of cooked rice.

So I did the logical thing, and threw it all together into a sort of healthy breakfasty dessert dish.



Ingredients:

One cup rice
half cup coconut milk
2 tablespoons sugar
berries

Topping: cream, sugar

Directions: 

Mix the coconut milk and the sugar together until satisfied with the taste, then mix in enough leftover rice (rice should be well cooked and sticky) to absorb the coconut milk mixture to the point where it is no longer liquidy. Toss a selection of nummy things into the mix (I used blackberries and strawberries), and its as easy as that. Pretty healthy too!

I also mixed some of the whipping cream I had with sugar and worked it into a froth and drizzled it over the berries. OM NOM NOM.

No comments:

Post a Comment