Thursday 26 April 2012

Eggplant and Olive Fettuccine

So, my beloved sister is a vegetarian. The rest of the family is not. Nevertheless, I decided to go for a vegetarian main dish when I threw together a family dinner for us on Saturday. So, here is what I made:

Eggplant and Olive Fettuccine


1 bag fettuccine
1 jar green olives (I chose stuffed with garlic)
1 eggplant
enough olive oil to coat the pasta
about 4 tablespoons lemon juice
two tablespoons sugar if the eggplant has a bitter taste, as it sometimes does
enough Parmesan to coat pasta (I used about half a small bag of grated Parmesan)
a bunch of chopped parsley

Pretty straightforward recipe. Set fettuccine to boil, chop up eggplant and olives, begin to lightly grill the eggplant in some of the oil until it is tender, stirring in the olives at some point. Add lemon juice and sugar to the eggplant and olive mixture, as well as more oil, and then toss with the cooked fettuccine. Add Parmesan and chopped parsley and toss again. I used a tomato for garnish to jazz it up a bit.

This is how it came out:

Served with a side of cold meats, gouda, bread, and spinach dip for the meat-eaters:


Family dinner night is the BEST THING EVER!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment