Wednesday 21 March 2012

Trip to the Atwater Market

Montreal is home to a number of public markets that run year round, specializing in selling local produce. Today, after spending hours on a Gantt chart, I decided to treat myself to a visit to the market at Atwater.
I spent too much money, but got some amazing maple candies from Brien, some cheese made in province, some fruit, some crackers and hard to find ethnic canned foods, and a BTL Panini for lunch. This was also a good chance for me to exercise my inability to speak french by having awkwardly stilted half English half French conversations with the stall keepers.

Here are some pictures from the day:






The market building


Pretty cupcakes and pizza!


taking a picture of a flower shop through a window
makes me look like a jungle monster

Lunch

Inside the market




No comments:

Post a Comment